figures

Gianni Ottolini
Claudio Camponogara
Elena Demartini

The tour aims to retrace the most important examples of Carlo De Carli’s career in Milan. Carlo De Carli (1910-1999) graduated in architecture in 1934 and was active from the early forties through the first half of the seventies. He was an architect and designer, professor and dean of the School of Architecture at the Polytechnic in Milan, promoter of renewal in Italy’s furniture industry, a member of the Executive Technical Board of the X and XI Triennale and editor of the magazines “il Mobile Italiano” (Italian Furniture), and “Interni”. Among his most significant works in Milan are the building for flats and offices in Via dei Giardini (1947-1949), the church of San Ildefonso (1954-1956) and the complex for the Opera Don Calabria in the Cimiano district of Milan (1952-1965).