Residential building
DESIGNER C. De Carli, A. Carminati
INTENDED LAND USE Residential buildings
ADDRESS via Fatebenefratelli 10 , Milano
1949 - 1949
Building for apartments and offices
DESIGNER C. De Carli, A. Carminati
INTENDED LAND USE Buildings for residence and offices
ADDRESS via dei Giardini 7 , Milano
1949 - 1949
Church of San Gerolamo Emiliani
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Worship buildings
ADDRESS via Don Giovanni Calabria , Milano
1952 - 1965
Opera Don Calabria Complex
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Education buildings
ADDRESS via Don Giovanni Calabria , Milano
1952 - 1965
Sant'Erasmo Theatre
DESIGNER C. De Carli, A. Carminati
INTENDED LAND USE Theaters
ADDRESS piazza Sant'Erasmo , Milano
1953 - 1954
Residential building
DESIGNER C. De Carli, A. Carminati
INTENDED LAND USE Residential buildings
ADDRESS via dei Giardini 16 , Milano
1953 - 1954
Church of Sant'Ildefonso
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Worship buildings
ADDRESS piazzale Damiano Chiesa , Milano
1954 - 1956
Building for apartments
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Residential buildings
ADDRESS via Balzaretti 28 , Milano
1957 - 1958
Building for apartments, offices and shops
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Buildings for residence and offices
ADDRESS via Vittor Pisani , Milano
1965 - 1968
Residential complex
DESIGNER Carlo De Carli
INTENDED LAND USE Residential buildings
ADDRESS via Forze Armate, via Creta , Milano
1975 - 1977

figures

Gianni Ottolini
Claudio Camponogara
Elena Demartini

The tour aims to retrace the most important examples of Carlo De Carli’s career in Milan. Carlo De Carli (1910-1999) graduated in architecture in 1934 and was active from the early forties through the first half of the seventies. He was an architect and designer, professor and dean of the School of Architecture at the Polytechnic in Milan, promoter of renewal in Italy’s furniture industry, a member of the Executive Technical Board of the X and XI Triennale and editor of the magazines “il Mobile Italiano” (Italian Furniture), and “Interni”. Among his most significant works in Milan are the building for flats and offices in Via dei Giardini (1947-1949), the church of San Ildefonso (1954-1956) and the complex for the Opera Don Calabria in the Cimiano district of Milan (1952-1965).